The beginning of each year is a good time to call your agent and review your current insurance coverages.
Things to consider are:
• Have renovations been done on your home? Things like a new roof, an addition, or flooring changes will impact the amount of coverage you need on your home.
• Have you acquired items that should be listed on your policy? Holidays bring times to purchase jewelry, guns, collectibles, artwork or valuables that probably should be added to your homeowner’s policy to ensure the best coverage.
• Have any of your kids left for college, gotten married, or just moved out of the house? Discounts can be given for kids away at college. If they have gotten married, are they now on a policy with their spouse? Or if they just moved out to be on their own, do they have their own auto/home/renters policies?
• If you have a new baby, have you looked at purchasing a life insurance policy for them? The best time to purchase this is when they are young and healthy
• Did you add a swimming pool, trampoline, boat, recreation vehicle or snowmobile?
• Are any of your vehicles old enough to change your coverage to liability only?
Having the right coverage for unforeseen events will help you sleep better at night and could save you money now and in the future.